- Oldest branch of engineering, next to Military engineering. All engineering works other than for military purposes were grouped in to Civil Engineering. Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics & present day Information technology followed it.
- A professional engineering discipline that deals with the analysis, design, construction and maintenance of infrastructural facilities such as buildings, bridges, dams, roads etc.
- Constructions are against nature.
- Application of physical, mathematical and scientific principles for the convenience of civilization.
- Began b/w 4000 BC and 2000 BC (during Ancient Egypt, Mesapotamia, Indus Valley Civilisations).
- John Smeaton was the first self proclaimed Civil Engineer who built Eddystone Light House in 1771.
The Program of BE in Civil Engineering is intented to provide elementry & advanced perspectives of the below given core domains of Civil Engineering.